These babies will certainly hit the spot when craving something tasty on a crisp, Fall, Saturday morning! Pumpkin spice and everything nice…without knocking you off your goal rocker! These have become a staple in my home and I love to eat them traditionally with maple syrup or spread some almond butter and jelly for a grain free version of PB&J. Sooooo good!
Paleo Pumpkin Pie & Pecan Waffles
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/3 cup of tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients; flours, pecans, spices, baking soda and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl, whip eggs, add vanilla, maple syrup and pumpkin.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Heat waffle maker and add enough batter to cover.
- Cook until waffle is done.
- Top with additional pecans and some fresh, organic maple syrup.