These cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free, but 100% DELICIOUS! These are a perfect treat to have from time to time to round out your healthy eating journey.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies – Paleo
- 3 cups ground almond flour
- 3/4 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips (I use @enjoylifefoods brand)
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (liquified)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together; almond flour, salt, baking soda, nuts and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg with vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Spoon out balls of dough and lay evenly on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Wet palms of hand and press down on each ball to flatten them out to desired shape.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and ENJOY!
- ALTERNATIVE COOKING OPTION: Use an 8x8 cooking dish to make cookie bars. This is my favorite way to make this dessert. Press dough evenly into greased dish and cook for approx. 12 minutes. Cookies come out ooey and gooey!