My definition of “clean eating” doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice FUN eating, just make your dish with ingredients that don’t cause inflammation and pour gut health!
Growing up, I had brownies for every birthday. I wasn’t a huge fan of birthday cake, so my mom would always make me a batch of yummy brownies. The other morning I was craving some yummy brownies, but it was like 7:30am….is it acceptable to eat brownies for breakfast??? I say YES! Especially when it’s made with ingredients that keep me happy!
You MUST make these. They are INCREDIBLE! Sometimes I’m just in the mood for the pancake by itself, but more often then not, I like to pair the sweetness of the chocolate brownie pancake with a savory side of eggs and bacon! This meal is the bomb.com!
Chocolate Brownie Paleo Pancakes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked & peeled
- 4 eggs, whipped
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Mash sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla and honey. Mix to combine thoroughly.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients; flour, cacao, baking soda, baking powder and pinch of salt.
- Pour mixed dry ingredients into wet mixture. Stir until combined.
- Heat skillet to medium high and add scoop of batter. I usually use a 1/3 cup measuring scoop.
- Cook one side for 2-3 minutes or until you can get your spatula underneath easily without messing with integrity of pancake.
- Flip and press pancake down with spatula. Cook this side for 1-2 minutes.
- I usually flip one more time making sure the newly pressed down edges are cooked.
- Top with maple syrup, fresh fruit, nut butter or eat plain...all delicious varieties!