This was a stew that I grew up eating. My mama would add corn and white potatoes to the recipe, but to make this Whole30 and paleo approved, I just omitted them, but it didn’t sacrifice the flavor or deliciousness!
Beefy Vegetable Stew – Whole 30/Paleo
- 2 lbs stew meat - grass-fed is best
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 15 oz. can French green beans (or fresh)
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Chop beef into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat skillet with avocado or coconut oil on medium-high heat.
- Brown beef on all sides.
- When cooked, add to crockpot
- Add additional oil to pan and cook onions and green peppers, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and saute for 1 minute. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Add to crockpot along with all the additional ingredients listed.
- Optional: I like to roast sweet potato wedges and add to each bowl of stew when serving